Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The "White" Stuff

Get it? The "White" Stuff? Not "The Right Stuff"?!? LOL!! I crack myself up sometimes! :) Anyway, what I really mean is WE ARE GETTING THE WHITE STUFF!! YUCK!! Old Man Winter has decided he likes Alaska and is taking extra long in getting the heck out of here. People are getting a little (actually A LOT) fed up with this nonsense! Who ever heard of a white St. Patty's Day?? In SouthEast Alaska?? And who ever thought that *I* would wish for rain?!? Well, I guess this is what we get after having all those glorious days of sunshine so I'm trying not to complain too much. Everywhere you go right now, tho, people are whining about the weather. We're never happy, I guess. I know a lot of people must be low on water, too, after record sunshine in the month of February. Ho Hum....It was pretty funny tonight eating our Corned Beef and Cabbage while a white, winter squall swirled outside the window. Sigh.

Not much new to report on the home front. Jake is on Spring Break this week and has been hanging out at Lori's house. There aren't many kids there this week, tho, which I thought was weird. I guess other folks were smarter than us and headed for sunnier (and warmer!) climates for the week. We should have followed suit. Although, you just have to come back and face the music afterwards...not like it's going to be "warm" in March in Ketchikan when you return! LOL!!

Tony had his little jaunt over to POW and was back in a flash. I'm so glad he survived the drive from Craig to Hollis. The road was a sheet of ice. I'm so happy we bought the Subaru which got him through with flying colors. :)

As far as work is concerned...I have exciting news! Well...it's exciting to *me* anyway. And it's ALL about ME, right????? Just kidding!! Anyway, I am pleased as punch to announce that I am moving on up and getting my *OWN* office!! Yep...you heard me. And the other gals are green with envy...sorry gals! So, it's not huge but has plenty of room for little-ol'-me. AND...the best part...it has a WINDOW!!!!!!!! Oh gracious!!!!! My heart just a flutters when I think about it!! Glory Be!!!! I must be livin' right y'all. I am SO grateful and can't wait to move in. I'm still waiting on a few odds and ends to be moved out. I'll have to post some pics when I'm in there. I can't wait!

Well...that's all I got for now. Hope you are all well. OH!!! Before I forget...a very good friend of mine is EXPECTING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll give you a hint...she lives NEXT DOOR!! I cannot wait to have a baby next door!!! This way I can spoil it and go home! LOL!!

Night Y'all....Nanette XOX

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on the new office Nan! I am sure that it feels great to have your own space. A window really is a big plus, I hope you have a nice water view. As for the snow, you have my sympathy. I am looking for warmer days myself!

Enger Adventures said...

Congratulations on your new office. Enjoy getting all settled. Hopefully spring will show up soon for you....I remember snow on my flower baskets and hummingbird feeder in April a few years back.....Think sunshine :)

Blessings to you!