Friday, August 28, 2009

First Day Of 5th Grade

Here's Jake as we are flying out the door yesterday. Of course, he didn't want to wear one of the nice NEW shirts I had ordered from Lands End and insisted on this ratty, ol' T-shirt he's been wearing all summer!! Sigh....Pick your battles, right? So, I gave in and said "fine!" but made him wear new jeans and new shoes etc...etc.... This is a perfect example, however, of how our kids drive us crazy. That, and asking for a cell phone. Who needs a cell phone in FIFTH GRADE?!? Heck, I survived my ENTIRE childhood and most of my adult life without one!!! Sigh....Anyway, school went great yesterday and Jake is really liking being out at Point Higgins. As soon as he saw his best friend, Alec, I no longer existed. I didn't get to meet his teacher like I'd planned. Sigh....but at least HE was comfortable. I just have to accept that he's growing up. I'm glad he is so independent. It's just hard letting go. *Sniff* More to come.........Nan

No comments: