Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Soccer 2009

Jake playing "goalie" while Daniel tries to kick the ball in.

Jake anticipates Isaac booting it in...he's a good kicker!!

Showing off for the camera. What a goofball!!

Our team for 2009! Notice we have 5 girls!! Yeah...Alaska Girls ROCK!!!
So, we are well into our soccer season and so far we haven't gotten rained on. I know it's just a matter of time but it sure has made things more pleasant for the time being. :) We haven't won any games yet, but that's OK. It's about learning and having fun...as long as the kids are doing that then it's OK by us. Tony is coaching and I am the "assistant" coach. I do the important stuff...like making sure the kids have snack at the end of the game and such. LOL!! Just kidding...Tony has the hard job for sure. I am learning a lot about soccer, tho, which isn't always a good thing. I've found myself getting quite worked up at the game when the ref misses or makes a bad call. Another test in the "patience" department. :)
Anyway, we are getting some nicer weather again. It's not as hot as it was but that's just fine in my opinion. The days are rapidly getting shorter, tho, and that's always a bummer. Fall is right around the corner.
That's all I have for now! Hope you are having a great week! Love, Nan XOX

No comments: