Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ready for Camp!

Well the day has finally arrived and Jake leaves for camp in the morning. Gulp! Why oh why is it so hard to let go as a parent? Tony and I are both struggling with his leaving even tho we both know it's only for 4 days. My prayers go something like this..."Please, Lord, don't let him get eaten by a bear!" LOL!! I'm such a nervous Nelly!! At the very worst he'll only get eaten by mosquitos. In my heart of hearts I know he is going to have a blast and two of his buddies are going so there's nothing to worry about. The way he's been bopping around today tells me he's excited to leave "the nest" for a change. :) Not to mention, Tony and I aren't that much into camping so he's got to go somehow. I don't want him to miss out on experiences like camping just because we aren't "into it". At any rate, keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week. I don't want to worry the whole time and I want him to have the best time ever. Pray for great weather! Also pray he can make the 2 mile hike up to camp with that very heavy backback! I hope he's having such a good time that he doesn't whine too much.

OK...that's it for posting today. I'm going back to the couch now. Hugs~ Nanette

P.S. You can check out the website of where Jake is going to camp at the bottom of this page. It's called "Orton Ranch" and they've got some great pictures of the area, wildlife, and the camp grounds.

2 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

We will be praying for peace this week for you and Tony and a great time & good weather for Jake. What memories and stories he will have to share when he gets home!

Anonymous said...

I loved camp when I was a kid! Hope Jake has lots of fun and you and Tony have a good, peaceful four days. :)