Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Into The Wild

So I dropped off the kid yesterday at Salmon Falls resort. It was HARD to say the least. Here I am...sending my "baby" off into the unknown (for him anyway!) He didn't seem to be worried but I was enough for both of us! The sun was out, though, which made it a little easier. Anyway, as I was leaving the resort, I notice the sign. Then I notice the mail box! Had to get a picture for the blog! LOL!! I just thought it was cute.

At any rate, here's Jake and his buddy from next door, Damion. Damion is 7 and this is his first trip to camp as well. Neither boy seemed the least bit concerned about this whole situation much to my and Damion's mother's dismay!! Matter of fact, when Rachael (Damion's mom) told him she'd be back in a few days to pick him up he asked why his Aunt Carrie couldn't pick him up! Hmpf! Poor Rachael. We both left for work pouting. :)


This is Jake's other buddy, Alec. He is one year older than Jake and this was his 2nd trip to camp. I'm so glad he was able to go to show Jake the ropes! Aren't they so cute??? I can hardly stand it!


Here's a shot of me and Jake (obviously). You can see from the look on his face he really didn't "fancy" his mother trying to get too cuddly in front of everyone. He can't wait to get away from me at this point! LOL!!

So...it's been two days now since he's been gone. The weather has been gorgeous and hot. Last night after work Tony and I got to go Kayaking again with my downstairs neighbor, Denise. It was beautiful! I wanted to stay out there until the sun went down! Julie took our pictures as you will see as soon as I can get them posted. I am trying really hard not to think about how much of a void there is in the house without our boy. I just hope he's having a good time. I miss him so much and wish he was coming back tomorrow! LOL! We did go out for Tai food tonight...something we can't do with Jake. That was nice. I made brownies, too, for some comfort food. :)

Work is busy so that's good. Other than that, there isn't much happening at the moment. The weather is supposed to change (of course...just in time for the 4th!!!) We are taking each nice day as it comes.

Oh! One more thing...I ran into my old fishing buddy, Malcolm, yesterday. He was at "the lookout" taking pictures. I had decided to stop and take a few pics on my way to work since it was such a beautiful day. You could see Prince of Wales Island so clearly...it was beautiful! So anyway, I pull in and there is Malcolm! I couldn't beleive it! I'd been meaning to call him for months. Last time I saw him was 2 days before Christmas and he'd just gotten out of the hospital after surgery. I was so happy to see he was doing well and had started chartering again. I took his picture with POW in the background. I am delighted that he is going to take us fishing when my mom gets here in August. Can't wait! Oh! I'm going to post Malcolm's web page for his chartering business if he still has it up and running. Check it out if you are interested in coming to Alaska to fish! He's the best!!

I'd better go. More later this week when my kiddo gets back so you don't have to hear me whine about how much I miss him! :)

Nighty-Nite from Alaska! Nanette







This is Malcolm. Check out his web site that I've posted below!

2 comments:

sixwickerts said...

Hey you have this blogging thing down pat! I love your slide show...gotta do that myself :) Hope you and your husband are enjoying some alone time! Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

Can't find the website?....Did you post it?