Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bloggy Kind Of Day

Wow! It's been a little bit since I posted but boy did the time go fast! It's been a whirlwind, it seems, even tho there really hasn't been that much going on. Guess I'll start with the fact that we had a very nice Easter. Went to church, as usual, then came home briefly before heading to Rick and Margie's for a nice Easter dinner. Kelly and Alec were there...Kelly is their daughter & my friend (she's my age) and Alec is her son. He is one of Jake's best friend's and they are about a year apart (Alec being older.) We ate, talked, and played the Wii for a bit before calling it a "day". A good time was had by all. Oh! We even had an Easter egg hunt...man...guess you're never too old to get excited over finding those eggs! The boys really enjoyed it. I will post pics of it later when I have a chance.

The rest of the week is kind of a blur. A friend I work with lost her father on Monday night (the 14th actually) and so that kind of threw everything up in the air for me. I wanted to help and be there for her. I was just so sad for her. I ended up helping at the front desk a lot since she was out and we also had another gal out on vacation soooo...I am the "back up" Admin. person these days. I tried to help with that as much as I could. I did manage to work out at least one day but I can't for the life of me remember what happened the other evenings. We did have Kessa over on Thursday night, I believe. She is the girl I used to babysit when she and Jake were little. It was fun having her over. She's so grown up!! I taught her how to play Backgammon. So, I guess between making extra meals, housework, the usual stuff...the week flew by. Saturday was the service for Renee's dad so I went to that for moral support. Afterwards, ended up taking Jake out to a friend's on the other end of the island...he stayed the night. We went out for dinner, which was nice. I was pretty fried by the time Saturday night rolled around! :) Sunday was spent going to church, getting groceries, and all the usual "stuff". I think I got a nap in there somewhere! LOL!!

Yesterday it was back to work. I ended up taking Renee a "cheer you up" kind of basket last night after work. We chatted for a bit then I made it home and made dinner. Nothing too exciting.

I guess that pretty much sums it all up. The weather has been "better" but we are getting quite a bit of rain. I'm not complaining, tho, cuz it's better than SNOW!! :) We are going to be getting Jake a new bike soon...that will be awesome for him! It's that time of year again...to be OUTSIDE!! I am planning on doing more hiking this year and even plan to head up Deer Mountain...something I haven't done since my first year in Ketchikan. It will be even more of a challenge then it was then. Wish me "luck". Hope I don't keel over at the top. LOL!!

Well...I better run. Hope you are all well. To all my bloggy friends...keep up the good work!! I love reading all the blogs that are out there. Facebook just isn't cutting it any more...not for ME anyway.

Take Care, Y'all!! Nan :)

No comments: