Friday, April 10, 2009

Over the Hump

Well...we have been blessed the last two days with sunny and WARM weather!! It's been in the lower 5o's, which by Alaska's standards would be considered "warm". LOL!! I would say Spring has finally arrived. Yay! The birds are back and singing away and I saw a hummingbird drinking from the Crocus yesterday. The picture above is of the sunset last night. I never get tired of watching the sun go down out here!!

Anyway, it's been a busy week. Jake has been "testing" all week at school and he has been really "tuckered" out by the end of the day. I dragged him out for a walk yesterday since it was so nice. It was our first walk OUTSIDE in quite a while. It felt really good to be out in the fresh air. I am REALLY hoping we get a nicer summer this year. If not, at least we have a week in Portland in July. We are *almost* guaranteed some sun in Portland!! LOL!! I say "almost" b/c it is, after all, the Pacific Northwest!!! But it's not Southeast Alaska so the chances are good we will have nice weather.

Wow...got off on a tangit there!!! Where was I? Oh yeah...busy week. And there's a busy weekend to follow. Tonight is "Good Friday" service at church. I am working for Dr. Mesdag tomorrow for most of the day then, of course, Sunday is Easter. We will be going to church and then to Rick and Margie's for dinner that evening. It's going to FLY by!!! I'm already tired just thinking about it. Hopefully, the clinic will go smoothly tomorrow. That can really throw a "kink" in things if it doesn't.

Well...I can't think of anything else going on. Oh! My sister is quickly approaching her due date. I haven't spoken to her for a while but plan to call her soon to see how she's doing. She's hoping for a little girl. She has 3 girls and 3 boys at the moment. What a brood!!! :)

Have a great and blessed Easter weekend!! Many blessings to you~ Nan XOX

P.S. Jake asked me this week if he could start a blog! I said YES!! It's not quite up and running but when it is I will let y'all know. You will be able to find him at www.jacobnewellspage.blogspot.com It's so exciting that he's growing up and getting interested in such things, don't ya think? :) Ta Ta For Now, Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: