Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I was on my way to work this morning and went around the "famous" corner by Jud's and Talbot's and LOW AND BEHOLD there before me was a CRUISE SHIP!! And there were TOURISTS in their matching little wind-breakers and such....I literally GASPED OUT LOUD at the absurdity of seeing a ship this early in the year. It's APRIL for crying out loud...there is still FRESH snow on the mountain. What the HAY is going on??? And in THIS economy??? Are you kidding me??? So, I collected myself and made it to work...taking pictures from the car for "evidence" without getting myself into an accident...thank you VERY much. But I am still reeling from the shock of it all. Usually, shops and businesses start bustling and opening up and we are sort of "forewarned" before such a ship makes an appearance. But nooooo...no way, no how...not this time. Ahem. Even the crossing guards were out in full force. I could NOT believe it!! Where does all the time go??? I guess I should be happy because supposedly this means "summer" is here. Well...I can tell you FULL WELL that "summer" is indeed NOT HERE!!!! It's barely 50 degrees out these days. Sigh.

So, that's the latest from K-town. Another season is upon us. It's inevitable I guess. I will post a picture of said cruise ship when I get home tonight. Until then...be cool. :)

Nan~

No comments: