Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snow and Warts

LOL!! Did that catch your attention? Well, that's what WE are dealing with these days at the Newell house. It's April 1st and we are still getting snow. Sigh. It is no longer "funny" to anyone around here! LOL!! I don't know how people live further north where this is the "norm". I am DYING for some warm weather...even 50 degrees would be nice. I think the high has been 39 in recent days. Oh well...whatya gonna do? Put on your big girl panties and DEAL WITH IT!! :)

Not sure if I mentioned it in any previous posts but Jake has had a wart issue on his foot. We've had it removed by the podiatrist 3 times now. Not sure yet if it's coming back again but we are doing everything we can to prevent it. Extra Vitamin A and Zink are what's "prescribed" in that area. However, I came home from work yesterday to the news that he now has what looks to be a wart on his hand. Sigh. Have any of YOU dealt with this problem and what was successful for you in the area of getting rid of them???? HELP!!!!!!!

So, the countdown to summer break is ON! Jake is getting excited for school to be out (June 5th). And other than having to pay for daycare...so am I!! We also have plans to be in Portland for the 4th of July...Yay!! It better be NICE and HOT while we are there...that's all I can say! We will be staying at my dad's new house and plan to see most of our family that lives close by. We leave July 3rd.

Got the Subaru fixed this week. That is such a relief let me tell ya. Did I tell you the head gaskets had to be replaced?? Is this normal?? My car is a 2005...what's the deal? Anyway, PTL it was covered by my warranty!!! Yay for THAT! I have put a lot of money into my "new" car already....brake job, new tires, new battery, oil changes...yada, yada, yada! The good news is, however, that we used our PFDs last year to pay that sucker off so I don't have a car payment any longer. I don't mind spending money on maintenance if it means I will have NO car payment for a very long time. Yes maam...thank you very much! :)

Not much else is happening. Time is flying by. Work keeps us busy. I love my new office!! Today my department is going to Cape Fox for a strategic planning meeting which will last all afternoon. It will be nice to break up the monotony of being in the office all day. That and free lunch! Who says "There's no free lunch"?? LOL!!!

Did anyone see Biggest Loser last night?? It was the bomb!! I am so inspired today and plan on getting back to the gym starting tonight. I am three months away from vacation and turning 40. Time to hit it hard and lose that extra 20 pounds I have yet to get rid of. I want to look and feel my best when I turn the big 4-0...(how did I get so old??? LOL!!)

OK...I'd better get busy. Have a great rest of the week, y'all!!!! Hugs~ Nan

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

Winter is certainly hanging on up there. Sounds like you have a nice 4th of July plan though and it will be here before you know it! Hard to believe summer break is almost here again. Hugs to you :)