Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Favorite Recipe

I have discovered my new "favorite thing" this week. It's NOT low-fat by any means but I don't care at this point. Anyway, have y'all heard of "Creme Fraiche"?? I'm sure you foodies out there have and I had too...but I finally tried it last night. It is basically just a "fancier" and more expensive Sour Cream. It was DA BOMB! I will never go back to regular sour cream again...I'm now a Creme Fraiche SNOB!!!! LOL!! Anyway, here's the recipe I used with some Halibut I took out of the freezer. My only regret was not making potatoes to go with the fish...but my thighs are thanking me for THAT today, y'all!!! It was bad enough I was eating the cream as it was. Sigh......

Mustard Roasted Fish

1- 7.5 ounce Container “Crème Fraiche” (pronounced “Crem-Fresh”)
1 ½ TBLSP Dijon Mustard
½ Tsp Stone Ground Mustard
1 TBLSP Chopped Shallot
1 TBLSP Drained Capers
Salt & Pepper


Mix together above ingredients and slather over fish (Halibut or Snapper works best!) Cook fish until liked doneness. Enjoy!

**You will find Crème Fraiche in the “fancy” cheese section at Safeway!

Hope you all try this...it's DA BOMB!!!! :)

No comments: