Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow is a Four-Letter Word

OK. So anything I was going to blog about has been seriously trumped by the ridiculous amount of snow we got today. Everyone has been snowed in by 2.5 feet of snow that fell today...OK...I don't know if that's accurate but that is how much landed in MY yard and on my deck today! It's more snow than Tony and I have ever seen and my dear husband had to go out and shovel a lot of it. I think he was out there a total of 3 hours...maybe more. *Sigh* I feel we've left "Kansas" and landed somewhere in Anchorage! Anyway, Jake went out for a little while (broken arm and all) and didn't take very long before he was freezing and wet. He came in within an hour and never went out again! It is THAT bad out there!! His boots were full of snow...which I found out had turned to water as I put the boots on the "boot dryer" we so wisely bought this last summer. Whoever invented that thing is a genius by the way! :) Anyway, church was cancelled this a.m. and that has NEVER happened in all my years here that I know of. All the grocery stores were closed because people couldn't get to work. I mean...this is unprecedented people!!!! Can you feel my pain????? LOL!!!

We had a slight power outage as well which sent me into a cleaning/laundry frenzy when it came back on. I was just SURE the power was going to go off again at some point due to all the heavy snow on the branches so I was busy ALL DAY cleaning and doing laundry before that happened. It will probably happen while I hastily try to post this! Knock on wood!! :)

So, here's a few pics for you and the rest will be in a slide show I will replace the Halloween one with. Anyone who has lived here will agree this is NOT a usual snowfall for us. It's just CRAZY!!


The roads are so bad I won't be going to work tomorrow. Perhaps I will continue to update this blog!! Hmmmm...there's an idea that's perfect for a "snow day". LOL!!!! TTFN~ Nan

Our back deck...crazy, huh?

Notice Tony's car is completely buried over in the corner! We won't be using THAT car anytime soon!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

Enjoy your blanket of snow :) So pretty, but does make for a lot of work.

sixwickerts said...

I'm jealous!