Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Week In Pictures

Last Sunday began with church and an unexpected surprise. A gal I've known for years and no longer lives in Ketchikan was visiting with her new husband (whom I'd never met...) It was so great to see her and meet her new hubby! Her name is Trista and hubs is John...I didn't get the last name cuz I was too excited to see her. We worked together for a time at the OB/Gyn clinic back in the day...it was really nice seeing her!

We had 3 (it's a miracle!) days of clear, cold weather last week. On Wednesday, I went to work early and LO AND BEHOLD I could actually see the SUNRISE!!!!!!! This is extremely rare for me to see as it's usually either overcast and raining or the sun is up by the time I head in to work. I just HAD to stop and get a shot...I have a gazillion sunsets...but NO (until now) sunrise pics. What a blessing!! :)

Friday night found me and Shirley, my mother in law, at The Nutcracker. Jake's little friend, Grant, played Fritz...he did SUCH a good job and looked like he was having so much fun. It was fun to finally see him perform. He's been in ballet for quite some time. I think the girl next to him was Clara...not sure.

This is also a Nutcracker pic. This is Taylor...she played the Snow Queen and was amazing! I've known this girl since she was in diapers and it brought tears to my eyes to see how grown up she is now. That's Joe and Terie...her parents whom I've known forever. :)

NOW...the "piece de resistance"...this is ME getting a body wrap on Saturday. I lost 10 inches this day. It works!! What we won't do for beauty.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
My next post will be of Christmas party pics. They turned out pretty good. Until then...have a great week y'all. Love, Nan XOX

4 comments:

sixwickerts said...

Great pictures!! The body wrap made me laugh outloud!!! I'm glad it works...the question is did the inches stay off?

Nanette said...

I will be measured again on Wednesday night so I will let you know! The things we do for beauty, eh?? LOL! It was an early Christmas present to myself. How's moving coming along? Hugs~ Nan

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanette,

John and Trista's last name is Gastkill. We had a great time with them this Thanksgiving. Thanks for posting their picture.

Ken and Bonnie

Unknown said...

LOL. Oh my gosh. Im speechless. Aunt Lori