Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Must Give Credit Where Credit Is Due....

So, in regards to the last post about my little "jaunt" to the lower 48...this would NOT be possible if it weren't for one very special person that makes it all happen. Yep...you guessed it...my MAIN SQUEEZE...my BETTER HALF...the LOVE of my LIFE....Tony!!!!!!!!! If it weren't for his love and support and general knowledge of how to keep me happy...I wouldn't be going ANYWHERE!! Let me back up for a sec and give you the "low down" on how this all happened. I was at work yesterday morning and my boss asked me if I'd already bought my tickets for our trip in July. Of course, I said "Yes...why?" She informed me that Alaska Air was having a major fare sale. I said "Really? Like, how good are the prices??" I was very interested at this point (as anyone that lives here would be!) She told me it was less than $200 one way to Seattle. So, I immediately went to the Alaska Air site to check it out for myself. Lo and behold...it was $169 one way to Seattle AND Portland!! I think I literally sucked my breath in at that moment...and just about started hyperventilating. That price is UNHEARD of these days....I was in SHOCK to say the least. I immediately went to the instant message program at work and sent Tony an I.M. with the details of what I'd found out. I said "$169 one way to PDX!!!! OMG!!!!!" His response without missing a BEAT was "When do you leave?" LOL!! Y'all....I have to take a moment...a moment of silence if you will. :) This is TRULY a man that understands and RECOGNIZES that "If mama aint happy"....well YOU know the rest!! Need I say more?? Actually, not only does he know the above...but he just knows ME...very, very well. LOL!! That's what 13 years of marriage will do y'all. Mmmm...Hmmmm!! :)

Thanks, baby......YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!!! Thank you for all your love and support and especially for being the kind of dad that can hold down the fort while mama is off playin' and visiting the fam. You ROCK!!! I only wish everyone could have such a wonderful partner in this crazy thing we call "life". You get the "Best Husband In The World" award!! Wink!!

OK...enough gushing for one night. Back to my glass of wine and American Idol. Go Danny!! :)

Night!! Nan XOX

No comments: