Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I've Never Been Good At Keeping Secrets

Well...let's see. Guess I'll start with the fact that I bought a ticket home, y'all. In light of everything that's happened and what is ABOUT to happen...I am OUTTA HERE!! LOL!! Just kidding....I mean, I *am* outta here but not really for the above reasons. Yes...I was out of my mind with worry on Monday night and Yes...my sister *is* about to give birth any minute...but the truth of the matter is that Alaska Air decided to throw a big "fare sale" and I just could NOT pass it up. The timing couldn't be better. I want to see my mom and make double-sure she *is* indeed OK...I feel the need to see it with my own eyes. Secondly, I know it would mean the world to Becky if I showed up after the baby gets here. Sooo....all that said...I fly out on the 22nd which is the long "holiday" weekend. This way, too, I don't miss more work than necessary. I am SO excited!! And so is mom. I *wasn't* going to tell her...but knowing MY mother...It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she up and took off for the long weekend. It would stress me out too much not knowing if she was going to do something crazy and not be there when I get there! LOL!! She isn't going to let ONE little fainting spell slow HER down...no SIR!! Ahem!

So, I called mom today to check on her and tell her the news that I'm visiting much earlier than expected. She is happy!! We ARE NOT going to tell Becky, tho, that I'm coming. Since she doesn't read my blog...she won't even KNOW!! LOL!! So....for those that DO read this blog...MUM'S THE WORD!!!! Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That means YOU Lori, Dad, Rochelle, and whoever else I'm leaving out!! LOL!!

Life is calming down again now that I know mom is doing well. (She is home taking it easy for the rest of the week. She's hoping Becky has the baby and SOON or she won't be able to take any more time off work.) Tony and I are just keeping busy with work and getting Jake through his last month at school. I can't believe it's almost summer! The skunk cabbage is coming up, the cruise ships are starting to arrive, and construction signs are going up everywhere. Yep...summer is just about here!!!

Did I tell y'all that Julie found out she's having another boy?? We (me and Julie) are THRILLED!! Now I spend most waking hours trying to come up with a name. They (she and Chris) are really picky so this is going to be tough. Speaking of which, their son, Kai, is starting Kindergarten in the fall. I am so excited to announce that Jake is going to switch schools and go to Point Higgins next year also (which is where Kai will be going.) We are all excited about the change...it is LONG overdue.

So, that's the latest so far. Jake is going to Lori's again for daycare this summer. He would be too bored if we left him home so that's not an option just yet. He would beg to differ on that, I'm sure.

OK...I better run. Lots to do. :) Oh wait...I forgot to mention the Ladies group I'm "joining". LOL!! I found out this morning that there is a group of ladies that go out every Tuesday night to Kayak. It was started by an outfit here in town that offers kayaking tours etc. Anyway, it's only $15 dollars to go!! AND...you double up with another lady in a "double" kayak. It just doesn't get much better people!! And you can't beat the price!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!! Can you tell??? LOL!!!!

Have a great "hump day" y'all!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs~ Nan XOX

No comments: