Monday, March 7, 2011

Another Monday

Well it's Monday again and I don't have a whole lot to report. I will mention, however, that it is finally warming up here and spring should be here soon. It was 4o degrees yesterday...a heatwave compared to what it has been! Yahoo is what I say! It froze overnight and was freezing this morning but the sun is out so I think it's going to be nice again today. Maybe I'll get out for a short walk. Wouldn't THAT be lovely? I should have gone yesterday but I was feeling lazy. Sunday should be a day of rest, right?!? That's what *I* say!

So, yesterday, Jake had an opportunity to go shooting at the gun range with some friends. It sounds like he did very well and enjoyed himself. Some guys in town are going to start a "shooting league" for kids after Spring Break...they will even supply the guns. I am hoping Jake will be interested in joining...I think it would be a great experience for him and he will learn a lot about safety. We don't have guns in OUR house, but I know there are many people that do and if and when he comes into contact with them, I want him to be smart and safe about it. He has also expressed an interest in hunting. If and when he gets the chance to go (not with us but maybe some buddies) he will know what to do. I am so grateful there are people out there willing to take this on and get these young ones on the right course towards knowledge and safety! Tony and I aren't into the hunting scene so this allows another avenue for our son who is very much interested. Course, he doesn't realize yet he has to EAT whatever he kills. Based on that venison roast we ate...maybe we'll just have to give away anything he brings home. :)

OK...I've procrastinated long enough. I'm diving into Monday y'all.......Love and Hugs!!! Nan :)

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for Jake. I know Daniel really enjoyes his time behind the rifle and knowing the safety and proper protocol is so important. I know for me, it's always been fun to share shooting skills with young students. Hope he has a great time :)