Thursday, October 2, 2008

October Has Arrived



Well...October has arrived in true fall fashion here in SouthEast Alaska. Today was a very blustery one as you can see from the waves in the Narrows in the photo. This was taken on my return home from work. I'm glad it's still light out (for now) when we get home! I'm not looking forward to the long, dark hours in the heart of the winter here. Anyway, today is the 2nd and I'm already feeling anxious about what is right around the corner. It will be Halloween before we know it...then Thanksgiving etc...etc...Yikes! Where does all the time go?

Jake is doing well and seems to be thriving in 4th grade. Soccer is still winding down. They are in the "playoffs", so to speak, so it could go on for a while if they keep winning. It's a "double elimination" championship and his team won their first game on Wednesday. This means they will play AT LEAST two more times. If they keep winning, however, it's anybody's guess as to when it will be over. I just hope the weather doesn't deteriorate too quickly. Sometimes we get lucky with an "indian summer" but it's not looking too promising after today. :)

Tony and I are keeping busy at work. I am going on my two year anniversary with Community Connections. Tony just passed the 1 year mark. He just got his "step increase", which you usually get automatically with each year. This also usually means a raise of some sort. Yay! You know how it goes, tho. Any time you get a little "extra" it seems to get absorbed one way or another. For us, the little bit of "extra" we get will be going towards Tony's 401K that he just became eligible for. Let's hope the stock market starts looking better! Holy Cow! Can you believe what a mess?!? Anyway, we are plugging along.

I am looking forward to a possible trip to Seattle on the 16th of this month. It is a "Girls Only" trip with two of my closest friends. We are hoping to spend the weekend in Seattle doing what girls do best...SHOPPING!!! I can hardly wait. My friend, Renee, who is going on the trip, is graciously giving me and our other friend, Buffy, passes on Alaska Airlines so that we can make this trip happen. We have been wanting to do it for some time but we couldn't afford it. Sooo...when Renee's hubby went to work for Alaska Airlines...well...we KNEW we could make it happen sooner or later. Thankfully, it's happening SOONER rather than LATER! LOL!! Let me just give big shout out to Renee and Charles....THANKS GUYS....YOU ROCK!!!! :)

Well, I've got things that need my attention including taking care of Jake's new "owie" on the bottom of his foot. He had to have a wart removed and I have to keep it very clean and dressed while it heals. It's the only way to make sure it doesn't come back. Soooo...for all you out there that just "freeze" these little buggers off...this is why they keep coming back! You need to have a podiatrist take it off completely. It's not fun but at least you know it's GONE! :)

Take Care Everyone and God Bless~ Nan XOX

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all is well. Enjoy your Seattle weekend~sounds like it will be a great time!