Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They Won!

Jake's team won the championship on Saturday!! Yay!! It was a very intense game and the weather couldn't have been nastier. We were all very happy it was all over and they came away the winners. Soccer is officially over! I would have posted some pics but I didn't take any b/c the weather was SO nasty. I don't think I've been to a wetter, colder, rainier, more miserable game EVER!! LOL! Those kids are troupers! :)

Jake is doing great in school. All his papers have "4s" on them, which are the equivalent of an "A". OMSI is visiting this week which is VERY exciting. OMSI stands for the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. They are located in Portland, Oregon and we actually paid them a visit last summer (2007) when Jake and I were south. They are AWESOME and they get the kids excited about Science. I guess Jake helped with a demonstration yesterday...something involving "gravity". If anyone is ever in the Portland area and you are looking for something to do with your kids...OMSI is the place!!

I talked to Chris and Katie (my bro and SIL) yesterday and they are inducing Katie on Thursday. I am so excited for them! Little Abigail Lynn will be here by the end of the week!!

I am leaving on Thursday for Seattle and will return on Sunday morning. It's going to be a whirlwind of a trip! I am hoping to get the majority of my Christmas shopping done. Only 71 shopping days left!! :)

I got two new books today. The first is "The Time Traveler's Wife" and the second is "An Hour to Live, An Hour to Love". I'll let you know how they are after I'm done. I'm still reading "The Shack" at the moment and I've started "The Last Lecture". LOL! Has anyone started "Bees.." yet????? Let me know what y'all are reading and what's good! I'm always open for suggestions.

That's it for now. Back to work. Love to All~ Nan XOX

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

Congrats to Jake and his Team!! Have a great time in Seattle. It's always great to get off the rock :)