Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seattle

Let me just say how much I miss and LOVE Seattle!! As you know...I just returned from my "Girls Weekend" with my peeps and I must say...it was DA BOMB! LOL!! The weather was perfect with lots of sunshine. It was amazing! The trees were all turning colors and it was just beautiful. We had such a blast...it was perfect shopping weather. :)

Our trip was successful to say the least. I discovered and was introduced to some great places to shop. The first was "Dress Barn". The prices were reasonable and they had a lot of cute things. The other great place was "DSW"...this is a place that I refer to as "Shoe Heaven". If you are a "shoe person"...this is your place! It was awesome. I got a little carried away here but hey...I only get off the rock like once a year soooo...I'm not too worried about it. I also didn't get as much Christmas shopping done but I'm not too concerned with that either...it will all work out.

So, all in all, it was fabulous and I can't wait to go back. We did not end up seeing "The Secret Life of Bees" but did see "The Women" in the new cinema at South Center. It was "OK". I'm sure "...Bees" will be better and hopefully it will come to Ketchikan at some point. I will go see it with Marina...she loved the book even more than I did.

Jake and Tony faired well while I was gone and barely noticed my absense. It feels good to get away and know that things are ship-shape at home. :)

Anyway...not much else is happening. We are plugging away like everyone else. Jake is taking tennis 2 days a week. Tony and I are trying to work out more. The weather here has gotten really bad...it's supposed to blow 70mph tonight. I just hope the power doesn't go out!

I still haven't talked to my bro yet about how fatherhood/parenthood is going but my mom said he is forever changed. LOL! We all know what THAT means! :)

OK...I'd better get back to work. Love Y'all!! XXX Nan

No comments: