Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

OK...So I'm a little slow wishing everyone a Happy New Year...but I'm HERE and that's all that matters, right? Not to mention...January went so dang fast it makes my head spin just thinking about it. As most of you already know, we just bought a house so between Christmas, working, and getting settled in to the house the time has flown on by!

As I was preparing to do my Christmas letter recently, I realized I could just go to my blog to refresh my memory of our year (2010). NOT!! I quickly discovered I had only blogged like 4 times last year!! WHAT THE?!? LOL!! I knew I was BAD...but that is just SAD! So, I am going to REALLY make an effort this year to blog accordingly if for nothing else so I can reflect back at Christmas time when preparing my yearly letter. Sigh....you know what it's like after 40. You can't remember ANYTHING it seems.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into too much at this moment as it is Saturday and there is a LOT to do (always) and I need to get on with this day. But, I wanted to touch base and let everyone know (if you don't already) that LIFE IS GOOD. We are feeling very settled in the new house despite all the boxes that STILL need to be unpacked. I am overwhelmed any time I look in the two spare rooms that are filled with boxes. After working all week, I just want to do very little on the weekend. I *do* need to get my guest room ready, however, in the event someone wants to come visit. It would be quite embarrassing to have a 5 bedroom house and NOT have a bed/room for someone to sleep in.

So, on top of getting unpacked and all the regular daily stuff we have to do, we are dedicating ourselves this year to getting more exercise and getting in shape. We bought an elliptical recently and really enjoy exercising on it. It is going to be my goal as well to get outside more once the weather turns...maybe do some hiking up behind where we just bought our house. Not sure if there are any trails per say...but it might make for a good workout to just get up in the woods and check things out. :)

Wow...this is probably the most boring post of all my postings!! LOL!! Just consider it an appetizer to future blogs that will hopefully be more interesting. I should probably get going...we need to hit the hardware store (our new favorite store now that we own a home.) I hope you all are doing whatever you enjoy on the weekend...even (and especially) if it means laying on the couch watching the Food Network all day (which is what I'd rather be doing!!)

Love and Hugs from Alaska!! Nan XO

No comments: