Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recap


So, big daddy came home on Wednesday and all is well in our world. The week was VERY busy for me so it was super, duper awesome having him home so I didn't feel overwhelmed between work and taking care of everything at home. I spent a few nights, with Tony's help, getting my guest room somewhat "squared away" by removing the majority of the boxes (they went in the other spare room!) so I could put an air mattress in there for my gal pal, Jaqie, from POW. She had made plans to come to "town" to help see a friend of ours off who is moving north (a coworker of ours). I got both the room and the bathroom downstairs set up for her arrival. She came over via the ferry on Saturday morning. It's been SO great having her here. I tell her she's my "sister from another mister". LOL! I'll have to post about my trip over to POW last summer to stay at her dad's lodge. It was DA BOMB. But more on that later. At the moment, Ms. Jaqie is preparing a venison roast she brought over from her island. She also brought us more halibut as a gift....AWESOME! Last night we had our little "going away party" so to speak and today we've just been vegging out at the house. She leaves tomorrow...sigh. It's never enough time when we are together...but it just makes the time that much sweeter when we do have the opportunity to visit.


At any rate, tomorrow is President's Day and our office is closed. Yay!! I do have some work to do, however, as I have decided to take Spring Break week off and I need to keep up my hours in order to have the time to take in March. My plan is to unpack the ungodly amount of boxes still downstairs to be unpacked. I can't take them being piled to the ceiling in the other spare room down there. I am going to be so busy this summer I want to get it all done now...it will free up so much time later. I also can't find some things I'd really like to have!! I am excited! I'm also going to keep my friend, Cathy's, kiddo while she goes out of town that week so Jake will have someone to hang with while I'm busy unpacking etc....Cool beans!!


Anywho....that's about it for now. We got a ton of snow last night...more so in town than out here which was strange. Whatever...it's just ANNOYING. It cleared up today, tho, and the sun came out. It was super nice out today...gorgeous with all that fresh snow on the mountains. :)


I suppose I'll wrap this up and see if Jaqie needs help in the kitchen. I'm going to try and post a pic of her from my trip last summer. :) OK...I just did that and it shows up on top of this post...SIGH. Blogger is SO aggravating sometimes!!!!!! Oh well....that's my girl from POW. Isn't she cute???


Peace-Out!! Nan XO

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

It's been great to see your updates and catch up on your happenings :)