Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th Of July!!!

Well...first and foremost...in true Ketchikan fashion...it has clouded up and the forecast has promised rain for the 4th. This does not surprise me in the least. It is NEVER hot here on the 4th of July. It is disappointing to say the least. Oh well...we will drag ourselves to the parade with umbrella in tow! We are taking the neighbor girls, Jackie and Lily, since their parents sailed over to POW with their sailboat. The girls didn't want to go so I promised to keep an eye on them and take them to town tomorrow. I will post some pics of them in the next few days. Also, Jake and the crew made it back from camp today. They are no worse for wear and I was happy to see he actually "looked" like he missed me. He wouldn't admit to missing me (no way!) but I could tell by his smile when I picked him up that he was happy to be home. He said camp was "awesome" but says he won't go back. LOL!! KIDS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet he changes his mind between now and then. Anyway, I'm just glad they had sunny, hot weather the whole time they were at camp and his favorite activity was swimming. Doesn't surprise me...he LOVES the water! He also got great joy out of the fact that he didn't change his underwear the whole time. He figured each time he went swimming they got clean enough. BOYS!!!

I won't have pics to post from camp but you can check out the website at www.ortonranch.org when you get time if you want to see what the area is like. It looks beautiful and would be worth a hike up there next time they go. It's a two mile hike up from the float to the actual camp ground area. It took the kids TWO hours to get up there since they had little ones they had to wait for.

Anyhoooooooo....we don't have much planned for the weekend. We will go to the parade but the rest will depend on the weather. The booths will be open Saturday as well so we can always go down then. The movie "Wall-E" is here...we may go see that as well since it's getting good reviews.

At any rate...I'm just happy my boy is home! He looks like he grew a little in the last 4 days. I suppose it's just my imagination! You never know, tho, what a lot of fresh air and sunshine can do. LOL!! I sure am sighing a sigh of relief that's for sure!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone and I will post more later. Take Care!! Love and Hugs~ Nan

No comments: