Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sunshine & Gasoline!

Well the sun is out, finally! It's gorgeous out. I may leave work early today to take advantage of it. The weekend is almost here and it will probably rain so I'd better get my tail out there while I can. :) I decided since it was so nice to take a break and go fill up the Subaru with some gas. So, I pulled up to the pump and there was a dude filling up his motorcycle. I couldn't help but ask "How much is it to fill that up?" He said, "Sixteen ($16!!) Dollars." THAT'S AMERICAN DOLLARS Y'ALL!!!!!!! Anyway, then he proceeded to say, "That's for 3 gallons...it will last 15o miles." OK. So, I'm sorry I asked at that point as I went to fill up MY empty tank. Sheesh! I'm thinking "I should get one of those for Tony." Then I remembered how much it rains here and it wouldn't be safe. Life just isn't fair, man!! My bill came to $52.11 and that was with a 30 cent discount at Safeway!!!! Oh well...I just emailed my co-worker over on Prince Of Wales Island and they are paying $4.98 (we pay $4.35 right now). Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!! What are the rest of you out there paying??? Leave me a comment. I'm curious. Or perhaps a glutton for punishment! :)

So, soccer camp starts next week. I've got Jacob all signed up. I hope the weather is decent. Games start on August 16th. I can't wait to put pics on this blog. I'm glad I started this. Well, I'd better get back to work so I can get out of here and go enjoy the sunshine. Hope you all are doing well and having a nice summer.

Over & Out~ Nanette

3 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

Glad the sunshine has shown up! Enjoy your nice weather :)

Grants Pass fuel is $4.13

Anonymous said...

I've seen anything from $4.06 to $4.22 in recent weeks. I found it for $3.89 in Virginia.

sixwickerts said...

I'm glad you started it too! Gas here is $3.95 - $4.16 depending on where you shop!