Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye Jackie & Lily!

Well, the girls downstairs left this morning for the lower 48 to spend time with family. They will not be back to Ketchikan as their family is moving to POW (Prince of Wales Island). This is a very sad time for Jacob. He spent a good portion of the evening with them last night and said his goodbyes. I don't think I've ever seen him so heartbroken. You know how hard that is on mom as well! Anyway, John and Denise (the parents) are here a few more days but it will be hard to see them go. They have been fantastic neighbors and they are just an all around nice family. (John works for DOT and has been working here for the last 5 months.) Jacob has grown really attached to the girls, especially Jackie the 13 year old. She has such a knack with kids and we had a babysitter right downstairs!! I'm bummed they are leaving. Lily was always up for a game of backgammon and was even willing to let me monkey with her hair (I never did get around to it but she was willing!!) So, anywhoooo..that's our big news for the week. Now we prepare for my mom's visit. She arrives on the 1oth. I am SO excited!!

It finally stopped raining today and actually got quite nice. I went for a long walk after work with my friend, Buffy. It felt good to be outside. No pictures today as I didn't bring my camera but that's OK. There's more to come.

For those of you that haven't been able to leave comments...I have finally changed the settings on this blog so anyone can post a comment. I'm so glad I figured that out!! Yay me!! :)

Well, it's gettting late so I'd better go eat something. Hope you are all well. Hugs to you all~ Nanette

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey...Dan's coming too and there better be FISH!!!!!