Monday, November 17, 2008

Bookworm



OK...so when you see the word "Bookworm" you think of someone who loves to bury themselves in a book so the title of this post is somewhat deceiving. Jake *does* like to read for the most part but in these pics he was being "forced" to do his reading "homework" for school. Oh well...he sure looks cute, huh? Can you believe how big he's getting? He's almost 10! I get all misty just thinking about my baby being 10 years old! How can that be? Surely it was just the other day I gave birth, right? Holy cow!!!
Anyway, today is Monday...UGH! It's back to the rain after a beautiful weekend. We got two days in a row of "nice" weather. Now, mind you, "nice" weather in Ketchikan is ANY day that it is not raining...it could be 10 below and as long as it's not raining...it's a NICE day!! However, we did see the sun this weekend and it was a blessing. Unfortunately, we didn't get out in it much. Jake has had a bad cough for over a week and so we kept him inside with the exception of taking him to "town" with us for grocery shopping and the like. And I don't know exactly what I did but I hurt my arm/shoulder some time on Saturday and by the afternoon I was in a lot of pain and could hardly move my arm. It hurt to even try to wipe down the kitchen table! So...I lubed it up with Tiger Balm (that stuff rocks!!) and Tony massaged it some (he's such a dear!!) and I hoped for the best. Sunday, woke up and it was worse. I almost couldn't drive myself to church! I had taken 800mg of Motrin and I kept trying to move it as much as I could. When I got home I put the heating pad on it and didn't do anything. It felt so good!! So anyway, I managed to get to Singing Tree practice but was back on the couch with the heating pad on my shoulder as soon as I got home. It seemed to really help and by last night I was doing a lot better. I was even able to pick up the kitchen a bit and fold some laundry. I lubed my arm back up with the Tiger Balm, too, so that helped. I love that stuff btw. If any of you out there have any aches or pains...pick some up at your local drugstore!!
Not much else is going on. I'm counting the days until Thanksgiving. I plan on eating myself STUPID, y'all!! Some of you may not know this but I have been "dieting" since the first of October. I decided to try NutriSystem when a friend of mine lost a lot of weight with it. So far I've lost 15 pounds! I am beyond ecstatic!! All my pants are starting to fall off of me! :) My goal is to be down 20 pounds by the company Christmas party which is December 6th. I know I can do it if I stay diligent. There are times when it's really hard to, tho. Friday night I pigged out at the Ladies Holiday gathering...but I paid the price!! I'm not used to eating a lot of food all at once any longer...especially anything that would be considered high in carbs. I was SO SICK the rest of the night!! LOL!! The food was just too good, tho, I couldn't resist (if any of you have ever had Chrissie McClennan's corn chowder...you would know what I mean). Anyway, I'm back on track and trying to get to the gym at least 3 days a week. I will also do the treadmill on the off days that I'm not at the gym. Soooo...the cat's out of the bag! I'm hoping that the next time some of you see me you won't even recognize me! LOL!! Wish me luck. It really IS a hard journey at times...especially when you love food!! And it will get even harder when I stop the NutriSystem and go back to eating "regular" food....Yikes!!
OK...that's enough for today. Hope you all have a great week. I'll be thinking about you! Nan
P.S. I tried the "Wii Fit" this weekend at my friend's house (Rachael's next door) and it is SO fun...we are considering getting this for Christmas...the jury is still out tho. :)

No comments: