Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Poor Tom! (He didn't stand a chance.) You have fulfilled your turkey destiny and we very much appreciate it!! This is my whopper of a bird...22 pounds. Enough to feed a small Army! As you can see, he almost didn't fit in the pan!

Tony and his mom, Shirley. The "spread" before the spread.

The Newell Family

Finishing up dinner...Tony was in agony and not in this pic after eating too much! LOL! Anyway, starting with Jake and going clockwise...that is Mandy (Bob's youngest), Bev (Bob's Wife), Jennifer (Bob's oldest), Shirley (Mom/Grandma), and Bob (Tony's older brother). We missed Amy (the "middle" child) this year as she is still away at college. It was weird to have her gone! We'll see her at Christmas, tho. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...I for one (and Tony) had a stomach ache from all the rich food. It was SO good, tho, and I finally achieved my goal of the perfect mashed potatoes. I had bought a "food mill" earlier in the year...that is my secret. There wasn't a lump to be found in those taters!! I also rocked the turkey...I'm getting GOOD! And my stuffing was YUM...course, there's a pound of bacon and butter in it. No wonder we were sick!! LOL!! Sorry...these are all the pics I took b/c I got so busy and then I was SO full and I just wasn't on my game. I promise to do better at Christmas time. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. OH!! I almost forgot! Tony got up at 5am to check out the "Black Friday" sales. He came home with an early Christmas present for me (us). It's a Shiny...Red...15 inch Gateway Notebook (Laptop)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping for diamonds but I will happily settle for this. Now that I'm Blogging, Facebooking, and Emailing and what-have-you...I will always be connected wherever I go. We are quite excited! LOL!! Better Go....Happy Long Weekend to Y'all!!!!!!! Love and Hugs~ Nan XOXO

1 comment:

sixwickerts said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! We ate way too much too :)