Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fresh Snow

This morning as I drove to work, I hummed to myself "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a wonderful day..." You may recognize this little diddy from the musical "Oklahoma". Maybe not...LOL!! I've always remembered that tune after being in that play in highschool. It has a great ring to it. Anyway...it truly was glorious this morning and all day for that matter as the sun decided to grace us with it's presence. (My son was quite perplexed as to why I was pulling over to take photos when he was going to be late for school!!) Not to mention, there was some fresh S-N-O-W on the mountains. "Snow" is a four-lettered word to some around here...but I love it. And when the sun comes out and shines down upon it...it is just magical! Oh...and thanks Mr. Floatplane for flying into my picture! It sums up winter in Ketchikan perfectly. :) I think Jake *was* late this morning...but for some reason I just didn't care today. How horrible of a mother am *I*???? LOL!! Oh well...we do crazy things here when the sun comes out...which as you all know isn't often enough!! *SIGH*

After taking a few shots of "High Mountain" we continued on to town and a big "boat" caught my eye. It was indeed a USCG (Coast Guard) cutter coming down the channel. This is not a site I see often. It looked so majestic with the snow-capped mountain in the background. I could not resist getting a photo. I love boats anyway, so this is a great addition to my already huge collection of boat pictures. :)


I guess it's supposed to stay nice thru tomorrow. Two days in a row of sunshine...I can't be held accountable for what I may do!!!!!! :) I can only hope to get out of the office if only for a few minutes and soak in a few warm rays. We'll see. I'm sure I can find *some* kind of "errand" that needs running!

I found out today I may be going to POW next week for work-related training. I am quite excited about this as I have never been over to that "other island". Let's just hope we don't get 20 foot seas as I take the ferry over. I'm too chicken to fly...so the slow boat it will be. I have friends over there but probably won't have a lot of time to connect with anyone over there. I'll have to make some calls. As of right now, I'm only going to be there 2 nights with a full day of training in-between before coming right back on the morning ferry. Good thing, tho, as I will need to finish preparing for turkey day!!

Speaking of which...Jake has requested "all things pumpkin" for the big day. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies...he went all "Forest Gump" on me except it wasn't "shrimp" he was referring to...just pumpkin. :) What are y'all making this year? Any good recipes you can share? Blog it! Or Facebook it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...I'd better get showered up and ready for bed. Hope you are all having a blessed week! Love and Hugs Always~ Nanette XOX

3 comments:

Enger Adventures said...

Enjoy your nice snow and all things pumpkin :) We will be having all our traditional treats, but the only thing here with pumpkin will be a pie. Have a great Thanksgiving!

sixwickerts said...

Look at you gettin' all fancy with your turkey bling!! I always make pumpkin bars, I will email you, they are awesome!

Nanette said...

Giiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrlllllll....You don't even KNOW how fancy I can get!! LOL!! Send the recipe...I can't wait!!!! Hugs~ Nan