Friday, November 14, 2008

Facebook

OK...So recently I had two invites to Facebook from my cousin and a friend that used to live here. I didn't *really* want to do anything other than this blog and I hadn't heard of many people using FB (I figured MySpace was the more popular of the two). I was hesitant to say the least. However, when I got the invite from my friend, Jenn, I reconsidered b/c I hadn't seen ANY pictures from them in ages and I really wanted to see how her girls were growing up. Jenn and Evan were our neighbors for a short time before they left for Lake Charles, LA. I miss them a lot! Their daughter, Ella, was quite young (2?) when they left and they've since had another baby sooooo...well you see where this is going!!! Anyway, I signed up and can now be seen on Facebook. I remembered to check my hotmail account this morning (the email I designated for this Facebook account) and LO AND BEHOLD suddenly there are all these people I know using this site!!! I was stunned to find a bunch of old friends on there...some from church, some that have moved away, and some old highschool buddies as well. I was quite overjoyed!! LOL!! I'm glad I did it now! No worries, tho, this blog will remain my priority for those that aren't on FB. :) I feel so "techy" now, tho!! I am still learning how to use FB and getting to know my way around on there...it's not as easy as this blog but I'm getting there. :) If anyone out there is using Facebook and you'd like to be "my friend"...email me an invite or whatever at greeneyes99901@hotmail.com The more the merrier! :)

Anyway, it's Friday again and I can't believe how quickly the last two weeks have gone. I have been very busy at work and been trying to get to the gym whenever I can drag my butt up there. Once I'm there it's great....it's the getting there that's a struggle. Last night I just decided to go home and use the treadmill that Margie loaned us. It kicked my bootie!!! LOL!!! Who knew??? Ha! But back to what I was saying....

Jake's teacher/parent conference went very well and he's doing great in school. All As and Bs for him, which makes us both very happy. :) I didn't expect anything less. His teacher said he is really getting into reading and she's always catching him reading in class when he's not supposed to be. We'll have to have a talk with him about that. I wasn't too upset about it, tho. It makes us both very happy that he likes to read!! :) Tony and I are both avid readers and we were hoping Jake would follow suit.

The weather here has been very up and down. It's mostly been cold and rainy but we had a break yesterday with blue sky and sunshine. Today it's back to being "miserable". I'm just thankful I don't work outside!! I'm also thankful I don't live somewhere like North Dakota that recently got 2 feet of snow. I love snow but not 2 feet at a time!!!! No thanks!! Whenever the weather gets me down...I just remember that someone *somewhere* has it worse then ME!! Although...a mall to shop at would be NICE! :) Speaking of shopping...we have a new store opening here. It's taking the place of "Silver Basin" that just closed recently. We were all in a tizzy about SB closing and we are SO HAPPY that someone is stepping up to offer somewhere besides WalMart to shop at. Tomorrow is the Holiday Open House so...I'm sure it will be packed. They haven't opened yet to my knowledge but they should be tomorrow. Those of you that used to live here are probably the only ones that can appreciate what I am talking about. If you remember...we lost our Hallmark store over a year ago and it was quite devastating when Silver Basin decided to close it's doors.

At any rate...this weekend will be busy, once again, with housework, exercising if possible, and staying indoors. Tonight is a Ladies "Holiday" Gathering at the church that I am attending with a friend. I am excited to learn a new craft! Tomorrow night, my MIL is coming over for dinner and will share all the juicy details about her trip to Italy she just returned from. I can't wait to hear all about it!! :) Sunday will be church, probably grocery shopping, and then singing tree practice. Before I know it...Monday will be here again and I will be at work hoping the week goes by quickly.

Wow! It's almost Thanksgiving!! Can you believe it? I ordered my "fresh" turkey a while ago so I am set. I am DONE with trying to figure out when to take the dang bird out of the freezer for thawing. I can't tell you how many times I have stressed about cooking a turkey that's frozen in the middle!! Not fun!!!

Well...I'd better get back to work. Hope everyone has a great weekend! More later. Nanette :)

No comments: