Saturday, November 22, 2008

POW or Bust

Just a little overview of where I'm heading tomorrow for those that aren't familiar with this area. Craig is on Prince of Wales Island and located west of us. You can see Ketchikan on the far right of the map above. As you can see on the map there are many small communities on the island and I have friends throughout. Looking at the map now and considering it's already been snowing over there, I will not get to see my friends who I believe are in Thorne Bay which looks to be clear on the other side of the island. Darn! It's probably a hefty drive...sorrry Benson's!Maybe another time. :(

I am very much looking forward to this trip as I've never been to this big island...I plan to read and listen to Singing Tree music over and back on the ferry. It's a 3 hour journey. As I mentioned, they've already had snow and I anticipate it being quite lovely over there.

Anyway, I will spend today getting the house clean and figuring out what I still need for Thanksgiving dinner next week. We are taking Jacob and his little friend to the movie "Bolt" at 4pm and I will continue to get ready for this trip when we get home.

Stay tuned for pics from POW!!! Love, Nan

No comments: