Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

From our house to yours...Happy Thanksgiving! This year I am so thankful for my family and friends whom I love so much. I am also thankful for the roof over our head, the food on our table, and the many things that God has blessed us with. We are a very fortunate family and I am reminded once again how blessed we really are. It really hit home with my trip to POW just how alone you can feel when you don't have family or friends to turn to. My first night there I was dropped off in an unfamiliar apartment in a town I'd never been in. I don't get put in that situation EVER so it was quite disconcerting. It was dark and cold out...and I knew almost noone with the exception of a few co-workers but they were "doing their thing" as I settled in for the night. It was a very odd feeling and I must say I did not enjoy it very much. I thought I would love the time alone...but it was a whole different ball game once I was there. It made me think of all the people out there who have no-one. I felt a deep sadness for them and how the holidays were coming up and, unlike me, they had nobody to go home to. My eyes get misty now just thinking about it! So, needless to say, I have asked EVERYONE I can think of since my return if they have somewhere to go tomorrow for dinner. Rest assured, I extended an invitation regardless of their answer. I plan on going down to meet our new neighbor tonight and invite him if he has no plans. :) It's the "proper" thing to do, wouldn't you say? I can't stand the thought of ANYONE feeling alone and empty and forgotten on a holiday that celebrates family and friends and the many blessings we enjoy in this life. I am also thankful that because I know God...I am never truly alone. I can only hope that others...those without families and friends...can say the same. My prayers will be for them this holiday season.

So, with that, I will say Happy Thanksgiving and may you all be surrounded by those that you love this holiday season! I will be thinking of each and every one of you and thanking God for you as well!

More about my trip later and pictures to follow! Blessings to you!! Nan

1 comment:

Enger Adventures said...

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Glad you are back safe and sound :)