Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hi :)

Well so much for getting caught up on this blog! I've been waiting until I had the time and energy to post new pictures at the same time but this is going to have to do for now! Sometimes I have the time but not the energy...and sometimes the energy but not the time. Sorry guys! For any of you out there that blog you know what a pain it can be to deal with posting pics...especially in the order you want them!! It's frustrating to no end. Maybe it's just ME. LOL! Anyway, the last few weeks have been pretty uneventful and quiet...just the way we like it! We've been slowly watching the snow melt and have enjoyed some very nice, sunny (almost balmy) weather between rain storms. I JUST got the Christmas decorations and tree put away this past weekend and that is a huge weight that has been lifted. The house looks so bare now! It was good to go thru everything, tho, and I even managed to consolidate some of my decos AND managed to part with quite a bit of stuff. I feel like I've started my spring cleaning already and it feels GOOD!!

Speaking of feeling good...many of you know that I have been on a quest to lose weight since October. So far, I have lost a total of 23 pounds and I feel terrific!! I decided back in late September that I wanted to give NutriSystem a try because a close friend of mine was having tremendous success with it. Sooooooo...I bit the bullet and placed my order. It has been SO easy and I've managed to get 3 more people (my mom included) on what I like to call "the program"...we aren't using the word D-I-E-T any longer!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I've also been exercising which you are aware of including a Pilates class that is kicking my fanny into shape! I have also gotten my Acid Reflux under control with the help of medication. So, with the help of poundage GONE and getting help for the agony of A.R....I feel like a new woman!! I am ready for whatever 2009 has to offer!! So, for those of you out there that made resolutions to lose weight...what are you waiting for??? It is SO worth the time and effort and you will feel amazing!! I plan to try and lose another 17 pounds and with the help of Nutrisystem, exercise and sheer determination I am sure I can do it. I'm hoping the next time my family sees me...they don't recognize me!! LOL!!

Jake is doing well and gets his cast off on Monday. This could not come at a better time...it seems like it's been on forever!! It stinks to high Heaven....anyone that's had a cast or a kid with a cast knows what I am referring to. There's nothing that can be done and I just can't wait for it to come off!!!! Jake is tired of it, too, and was very happy to hear it's coming off.

Not much else is happening. Just waiting for Spring at this point. OH!!!! I almost forgot...I got a call over the weekend from Dr. Mesdag...the foot doctor from Juneau I occasionally work for. He offered me a permanent spot working one Saturday a month for either him or a collegue (sp?) coming from Juneau. He is even giving me a raise! He is adding a third clinic to his schedule but Heidi (his regular gal) can't work another shift so he offered it to me. It will be good extra money which will come in handy. This will start next month...not sure exactly what day. Now if I could just figure out how to use this laptop while I'm there...hmmmmmm....not sure if there's a wireless connection or whatever it is you need to make this work. I'm still learning....LOL!!

OK...that's all I can think of for now. I will sign off and bid you "good night"....Nanette XOX

P.S. I set myself up on "Skype" if anyone is familiar with that and would like to "call" me. My Skype name is AKMom99901 or you can find me by putting in my name. I signed up so I could see and hear my new niece, Abbie, in Ohio! If anyone would like to set themselves up and you have a web cam...go to skype.com and it is very easy to get set up! Night Y'all!!!!!!!!! :)

P.S.S. Did anyone take my advice and go see "Australia"?????? Apparently NOT b/c I haven't heard SQUAT from any of you!! You know who you are!!!!!!!! LOL!! Anyway...if you didn't take that advice...AT LEAST LISTEN TO THIS....DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT go see "7 Pounds". I thought it was SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Not my kind of movie AT ALL...although, Will Smith did an amazing job AS USUAL...but still...if I want to be depressed I can watch the NEWS...and it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

sixwickerts said...

Finally an update! I would love to see you on Skype, we should set up a time to visit.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting into shape. That is a daily, well hourly, battle for me. Keep posting about your success. You'll be my inspiration.