Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ramblings of a Tired Housewife....

Well...I guess I can't complain too much...I slept until after 10am this morning but I am bushed already. And we go back to work tomorrow...Oh Joy!! Actually, in light of this economy and what's happening everywhere...I am thankful to have a job so just wipe that snide comment from your memory as of RIGHT NOW!! LOL!! Anyway, this weekend was somewhat productive but I find myself behind in my chores. If it weren't for the fact that my feet are killing me...I would be doing SAID CHORES right now. But you know what? They will still be there tomorrow and I will get at it when I get home (maybe). Thank heavens for a man that does laundry...and the taxes!!! Yes...we are ON IT this year and have already started on the taxes. This is the earliest we have (Tony has actually) ever gotten our taxes "done". I say "done" loosely b/c they aren't completely done yet. As of right now...we owe almost double what we did last year (sickening, I know) so we are thinking of playing around with the numbers to see if contributing to our IRAs would make much of a difference. This would mean setting money aside until April then making a sizeable "donation" to our retirement in hopes of NOT paying more taxes. This, however, will throw a great, big, huge monkey wrench into my plan of paying down our VISA. Hmmmmm...I HATE paying taxes so the VISA may have to wait. Wow...getting off on a tangit here!!!!!! LOL!! The ramblings of a tired housewife....

So, this weekend was beautiful and cold. They are calling for more snow...2-5 inches from what I hear. This does not excite me in the LEAST...except...Jake gets his cast off tomorrow and would actually get to PLAY in some snow. I will be inside praying he doesn't break his arm again...or any body part for that matter!!!!!! We are all very excited. I think that boy has had about 4 showers in the last month due to the pain in the arse it is to wrap the cast each time. But enough about that. Jake has a new bed...WOO HOO!! It's used but it was FREE (it's a Queen) from a friend who just moved. He is/was outgrowing his full size bed (believe it or not) and it was a pain when we had friends overnight...they didn't fit any more! So, off to WalMart I went today to get new sheets for the new bed. Did you know WalMart sells 300 count sheets???? I had NO idea. If it's one thing I can't stand...it's CHEAP SHEETS! Probably a little known fact about me...Hee Hee!!

So the bed was yesterday and moving it took a long time. I'll save you the boring details...We got it home but had to go back to town for the frame b/c it needed to be taken apart and we didn't have tools at the time to take it apart. Soooo...by the time we did that, ate lunch, got home...I took a cat nap...then it was time to get ready to go to a going away potluck...which meant making food for said party. :) I made "Chip Chop Ham" with rolls...a favorite with people from PA...the girl leaving is from PA...so it was her recipe. I also made a vegetable pizza of sorts..it was good but time consuming. By the time I finished the food and gave Tony a haircut...I was running behind. We got to the party 30 minutes late or so but it all worked out. Tony's mom babysat Jake and we were home by 10:30 but STILL...my Saturday was GONE!!!!!!

Sunday was much the same...I didn't even go to church! Shame on me, I know...but my house was a wreck!! By the time I got up, tho, and made "brunch"...I had to get ready to go out to get the table...then I returned a book to Waldenbooks, got groceries, stopped and trimmed Candy's bangs, brought the groceries home, put away the groceries, then went to Walmart to get sheets for the above mentioned bed....yada, yada, yada...you can see where this is going. Now my SUNDAY IS GONE!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaa!!!! Oh well...I got a lot of errands done (even returned a book I borrowed back to a friend!)

Tomorrow starts another busy week of nothing exciting. Tomorrow I start filling in at the front desk at work...that will be something new. It will be for about an hour while Admin has their weekly meeting. We'll see how it goes. I'm not very good when multiple lines are ringing!! LOL! Oh well...I'll do my best. :)

OK...that's it for now. Maybe next post I will put some pics on here. I still have birthday and Christmas pics to post. Hope you all had a good weekend and that it was more restful then mine.

Much Love and Hugs~ Nan

No comments: