Monday, January 26, 2009

Semi "Snow Day"...

Well...Tony and Jake are coming to get me! It's turned into a "Semi Snow Day" as I am leaving work early to get home before all the new snow freezes on the highway. I think we've gotten a good 6 inches already today!! They said it was supposed to start raining but we have yet to see that happen. Soooooo...Jake got his cast off and they are headed this way to pick me up. We will actually get to play in the snow today...maybe we'll make a snowman!! Oh wait...I may have to help Tony shovel. Yikes! Oh well...such is life. At least I get to leave work early! Yay!!!

OK...See you all later if we survive the drive home. I hear it's pretty bad out there. Bye for now! Nan XOX

**Update: Well...it was raining by the time we made it home today which made for very sloppy snow. Noone was interested in going outside at that point. It was so warm there was no need for shovelling and we had no trouble getting down our road and driveway. Yay for that! So, the big, bad storm has pretty much passed and it's supposed the rain for the next few days. We did enjoy getting home early, tho, and I got busy doing chores left over from the weekend while Jake did homework and Tony ran on the treadmill. I threw a chicken in the oven for dinner. It was almost like "Leave it to Beaver" around here! LOL!! Jake got a much needed haircut and is now in the shower WITHOUT A CAST and is singing "That's the way...uh-huh, uh-huh...I like it...UH-HUH, UH-HUH..." at the top of his lungs. (Y'all remember KC and the Sunshine Band, right? Wow...I'm dating myself here!!) Anyway, that boy sure keeps us in stitches. He's lucky I don't video tape him and put it on YouTube!!! :)

Anywhooooo...all is right in our universe at the moment...or at least just the way WE LIKE IT...Uh-huh, Uh-huh!!!!!!!!!!

Til Next Time~ Nan XOX

P.S. I'm off to make Smores for my dear family...no campfire required. (Put one small square of chocolate on half a graham cracker. Place in oven under the broiler until chocolate is melted. Take out and place 1 marshmellow on top of melted chocolate so it doesn't roll around. Put back under broiler until they look "done". Bon Apetit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: