Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello Fall...Nice to See Ya!

And welcome back if you are reading this blog! :) As I predicted, the weekend flew by and it is now Monday once again. I worked the front desk on Thursday and Friday so I am now catching up on work that went by the wayside last week. Never a dull moment around here! Anyway, the weekend was busy just like I knew it would be. It also poured down rain almost the entire weekend. Friday night our kids played a 5pm soccer game in the POURING down rain. We managed to win our second game, however, so that made up for it. We weren't so lucky on Saturday at our 10am game. We didn't get "killed", however, so that was a bonus. The last time we played this particular team they creamed us 8-0. I think it was 4-1 this time. Not too bad!! We are getting down to the end of the season also so that just shows how much we've improved.

Saturday (after the game) after a short time at home, Jake and I headed to Alec's birthday party at the lake. The rain stopped just long enough to grill some burgers and dogs. The kids had fun looking at the rotting salmon on the shore of the lake (they come up the creek and spawn.) They were especially grossed out by the maggots feeding on them. I told the boys they better toughen up if they were grossed out by that! LOL!! Anyway, there was a little excitement at the party when a black bear got a little too close for comfort. Jodie's dog was there and chased him away but he still hung out just where we could see him. We figured he was waiting for us to leave so he could get his paws on that rotting salmon with the maggots...Yum!! :)

After the party, Jake was still up for skating. Off to the Rec Center we went where Jake worked on his skating skills and I walked the track. Did my usual 3 miles and worked up a sweat. Before we knew it it was time to head out. Back home we went. Just long enough for me to get cleaned up and then it was off to Bob & Bev's for dinner. We had a little "belated" birthday celebration for Shirley (her bday is Sept. 7th). Great dinner and company followed by a very yummy, chocolate cake and vanilla ice-cream (so much for the walk!!). I was exhausted by this point and Jake and I left pretty early. That was enough (too much) for me for one day!! :)

Sunday was very laid back. My BFF was/is in town and I was going to hook up with her but I didn't hear from her. It was absolutely storming outside!! I ended up getting laundry going then headed to town to get groceries. It was a soggy day that's for sure! Fall is definitley here...no doubt about it. I saw someone post on FB that we've had over 9 inches of rain in September already!! I believe it!! Woo Hoo!!! No more worries about water for a while....that's always nice. :) You just HAVE to find the silver lining or you'll go crazy around here!!

The days are getting very short already...I woke at 5:46am yesterday and it was pitch black outside. I was shocked! It is happening more rapidly then I'd realized. I'm not usually up before 7am sooooo....I hadn't a clue! LOL!

OK...I'd better get back to work. Busy week this week. Soccer tomorrow, Scouts on Thursday, Soccer game on Friday. In between all that I am taking a 2-day "class" on Wed. & Thurs. It's a class put on by Alaska Housing....it's a requirement when you buy a house here with an Alaska Housing loan. I want to be prepared in the event we find something to buy. I am always looking. :) That $8000 tax credit sure would be nice!

Have a great week everyone! Nanette XOX

P.S. My love affair with bacon is back on!! Sigh....some things I just can't resist! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to tell us what you learned in your "class". James and I have been "casually" looking at houses. So hard to find something nice for an affordable price up here, sigh. One day... hopefully! - Carolyn

Nanette said...

Will do! I hear there's a lot of good stuff to learn. :) And I hear ya on the "affordable" housing...it's so depressing when you really start looking. Sigh....