Sunday, September 13, 2009

We Won! We Won! We Won!!

Well...the *kids* won...it had nothing to do with me but you get it. I should say Tony's team won their first soccer game of the season yesterday! We knew they were improving...we could see it but in the first half they scored like 4 goals! Yee-Haw!!!!!!! It was awesome and I was so happy for the kids. They were excited! Let's hope they stay on this roll they are on...we only have a hand-full of games left. I must say, I'm really getting into this sport and I'm definitely getting attached to our kids. They are getting really good and it would be fun to keep going with them and watch them grow. Never thought I'd say THAT...that I'm actually ENJOYING soccer but alas...it has happened. I remember the days of standing by the side-lines and the games being the longest hour of my life. Now, I'm on the sidelines screaming my head off to the point of having to walk away and calm down before I scare the children! LOL!! Anyway, Jake still isn't really "into" it so this may be our last season. We'll see.

Took Jake and a buddy skating last night. It was nice to get out of the house and actually "do" something other than just go to a movie. Jake has improved a lot but it was still nerve-racking to watch. He skates like he's constantly in fear of falling down. You know the type...the kid you steer clear of for fear he'll take you down with him if you accidentally get too close! LOL! But he's doing MUCH better and as long as we continue to go, he'll get better and better. He didn't complain or beg to leave after 20 minutes. That's a first on the long list of things we have tried in the past. Makes me very happy as it's really good exercise AND it's an indoor "sport".

Well...it's a gorgeous day today and I'm trying really hard to get out as much as I can. I want to scrub the car down, too, before we go into winter. It's got green stuff growing on it. It's in dire need of some attention. We'll see. The time flies by pretty quickly on days like today. Come to think of it, my windows need washed and I need to get groceries. There's never "nothing" to do around here!!

Tony is watching football all day. So, I guess you could say I'm a football "widow" as of today. Fine with me, tho. I'm free as a bird to do what I want. Right now that means laundry and scrubbing toilets...but once that's done...there's a walk and possible movie in my future. (We'll see how much I accomplish from the list above.) Julie&Julia is here...it's calling my name. Speaking of which, I put Julie Powell's blog on my blog list. She wrote the book "Julie&Julia". She's a pretty funny writer. Thought I would keep up with it for a while to see if I like it. It's under the title of "What Could Happen" in my blog list to the right.

OK...I'm off! Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs~ Nan XOX

No comments: