Friday, September 25, 2009

Snotty

There are TWO types of forecasts for this area...I am convinced. It's either "snotty" (which isn't the word I *really* want to use but it's a little more "appropriate" for this blog) or there's "not snotty". Seriously, THIS is what we've gone back and forth with for what seems like a while now and to be quite frank...I am OVER it already. We've had at least 3 (THREE!) storms rip thru here with "gale force" winds in like the last week. This *is* still September, right? October didn't sneak up on us without me knowing it, did it?? Hmpf! So much for the "indian summer" I thought we might be lucky enough to get!! Thankfully, however, we are "in-between" snotty at the moment and hopefully (Dear Lord, PLEASE!) it holds off for our soccer game tonight. I am sleep deprived and cranky and really don't feel like standing in a monsoon tonight. And I'm SURE the kids don't want to play in that (excuse my language) CRAP either! So...there it is. What was I thinking when I said "I think I may just be used to it" in one of my earlier blogs?!? You *CAN'T* get used to it...EVER. I don't care HOW long you've been here in SE Alaska. It's been almost 20 years for me and I still HATE it. Now I see why people take off this time of year and go on vacation. It's to extend their summer just a WEE bit longer. Sigh....

Anyway, on a happier note (and I hope she doesn't mind me spilling this on here) but I got some very exciting news two nights ago. My baby sister, Crystal, called me just before I left work on Wednesday. My radar for bad news went up immediately since she doesn't call me that often and it wasn't very long ago that she called when my mom collapsed at work. Sooo...I was on edge instantly when she said she had some "serious" news. Well...SILLY ME!! She was calling to say that her boyfriend of 5 years has finally given her a ring and has asked "the question" she's been waiting for. Yes...she is ENGAGED!!!!!!! She has decided on a summer 2010 "outdoor" wedding and I am thrilled for her. I'm also thrilled for ME (and isn't it all really about *me* anyway? Don't answer that!) cuz that gives ME an excuse to go home next summer (not that I need one but you get my drift!!) LOL!! Since I'm travelling to see everyone in December I really didn't have a plan to make the trip again next summer....well there ya go!! Sometimes you just get "lucky" and fate steps in. :) Who am I kidding, tho? I don't believe in fate. It's a blessing from above and I am ALL OVER IT!! Oh...I left out one little thing, however. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS MEANS????? Yep...have to break up with bacon again. It is seriously time to get even MORE serious about losing this weight. Most of you probably don't know this but when my brother got married in 2005...Y'all...it was a SAD, SAD sight to see at the mall. Let me tell you...I was there for HOURS looking for something cute too wear. Need I say more? Yes...I need to say MORE....let me fill you in. There is NOTHING cute for a fat girl to wear at the MALL. No...I don't care what you say...THERE ISN'T. I ended up going back to Nordstrom and buying something I didn't even like that well and spending WAY too much money for it. It was a very depressing time for me and I REFUSE to go thru that again. Seriously...I *WILL* be cute at Crystal's wedding if it kills me. Let me send a shout out to my future BIL, John!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for kicking it into high gear, buddy. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

OK..I am getting out of control. I need to go. Time for a *healthy* snack. I feel my blood sugar dropping. I will say, tho, that I survived the home-buyer's class. It was very good but I am exhausted. We have our game tonight at 5pm then I'm going home, eating a salad and then CRASHING on the couch. I have two hours of TV to watch (Grey's Anatomy...can't wait!!) but then it is off to bed EARLY. We have a game Saturday at 10am I need to be sharp for. Please, Please God...let us have some sunshine on Saturday!! Heck...I'd even settle for "not snotty". Thank you and Amen. :)

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!! Nan XOX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan! Where you been girl? Give us an update. By the way, thanks so much for the comment and motivation on our Nutrisystem adventure. I'm really excited! - Carolyn