Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Julie & Julia....

I am reading this book right now. So far it's really good. I'm already wanting to try my hand at some French "cuisine". Ooh-la-la!!! They use my favorite things in french cooking...Butter, butter, and more butter! LOL!! Do they use bacon? I'm wondering about that at the moment. The potato soup in Julia Child's first cookbook was only potatoes, leeks, cream, butter, and salt & pepper. How does one make a potato soup without bacon??????? My grandma ALWAYS used bacon when I was growing up. It just wouldn't be the same without it. Not only does she use the bacon...but the bacon GREASE as well. Oh yeah.....DE-LISH people!!

Speaking of bacon, I made brussell sprouts for the first time tonight. I've not only never made them...I've never EATEN them. Yep....40 year old Sprout "virgin". GASP!!!!!!!!!! (Did she just say virgin?!?) LOL!!! Anyway, the web sight done by my friend Karen in South (?) Dakota (I get north and south mixed up!) made some Brussell Sprouts and they just looked so good. I knew I would like them. She uses 1/2 stick of BUTTER....the bacon was MY idea. How can ANYTHING be bad if you use enough butter and bacon???????

OK...enough of all of this silliness. I really didn't have much to report. Just wanted to find out what everyone is reading and eating, I guess. It's Wednesday...countdown to Friday...T-minus 2 days?!? Is that how they do a proper countdown? Busy weekend ahead!!

Bye for now and thanks for stopping to read my silly blog!!!!!!!!! :) Nan

P.S. Pork Fat Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: