Saturday, September 5, 2009

Not So Long Weekend

Well, it's supposed to be a nice, long "holiday" weekend. Not so much for me unfortunately. Today was my Saturday to work for Dr. Mesdag. I got to bed fairly early last night in preperation for getting out of bed early for the 6th day in a row...it wasn't early enough apparently. I dragged my behind all day. I was SO tired. Events of this week caught up with me, I guess. Even the doc was tired. He took advantage of a "no-show" and took a little cat nap in the exam chair. I even heard snoring coming from the room! In all my time working for him...he's never done that. Perhaps it's time to start thinking retirement?? LOL!! Anyway, it was a pretty busy day but I did have time to read my book in between patients. I am addicted to Julie & Julia. It's not for everyone but I sure am entertained by it. I do know for certain, however, that I will never try to make JC's (Julia Child) recipes in her cookbook MTAFC (Mastering the Art of French Cooking.) A lot of the things that Julie Powell has made (at least the ones she's written about) sound NASTY. I thought trying to cook them would be the challenge...I was wrong. Eating them would definitely be the harder part. Gross!!! Have you ever heard of "Aspic"? I won't gross you out by explaining it. You'll have to Google it or read this book! I'm wondering if they cover this in the movie. I sure hope they include the chapter where she has to kill a live lobster. It's pretty darn funny!!

I came home after dropping off the doc and immediately went back to bed. I haven't been this tired in a really long time. I need to get back to exercising. I felt so much better and had more energy when I was at least walking regularly. Sigh....So, starting tomorrow I will work towards that goal. Wish me luck!

Jake's soccer game went well today from what I heard. The rain stayed away again...not sure how we've managed that but I'm not complaining. They didn't win but we are seeing definite improvement in the kids and they seem to be having fun (at least I hope they are!)

Tomorrow will be chores/errands day. I was hoping to stop and see Julie and the baby (whom they still haven't named) but I don't believe they are letting kids in the OB dept. With the whole Swine Flu scare the hospital is on "lock down". They'll be home Monday...we'll go visit then.

Monday it's back to work for me to make up the hours I was at the hospital with Julie on Thursday. No rest for the wicked I suppose! Hee Hee! Like I said...no long weekend for me. It's all good, tho. I have lots of work to do and it will be nice and quiet. Plus, I need to save my PTO for Christmas vacation.

So, there you have it. That's what's happening on our end. Nothing exciting. Think I'll go back to my book now! Hope you are all having a great weekend. :)

Hugs! Nan

No comments: