Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Day In Paradise...What???

I don't know WHAT is going on but it is sunny AGAIN today. I think we've had over a week of nice weather (if you don't count the small drizzle we had on Saturday.) I'm serious...it's been sunshine and blue skies for I don't even know how long!! Yay!!! And it's supposed to stay clear all this week. Wow!! This is just too wonderful for words. I don't know what we did to deserve it but I am LOVING IT for now....It even warmed up to like 40 degrees yesterday and was just lovely. Nice!! :)

Friday night brought some excitement to our place. I was awoken (awakened?) at 3am to a very strange sound I've never heard before. Tony had fallen asleep on the couch in the other room so he was oblivious to what was happening. I quickly figured out that the sound was coming from the "breaker box" which happens to be in our bedroom...weird, I know. The best way I can describe it is it sounded like something was "shorting out". I was horrified!!! This is NOT something we are capable of dealing with and our landlords are in Mexico. So, I wake my sleepy and disoriented hubs and tell him what's going on. I wandered out to the couch in the living room and zonked right out...good thing Tony didn't get electrocuted or catch the house on fire!!! LOL!! Anyway, to make a long story short...he tried shutting off different breakers (which were now getting HOT to the touch!!) until he found one he thought was the right one. The sound stopped and we haven't had any further "issues". However, the breaker he turned off goes to the hot water tank. Yep...you guessed it...NO HOT WATER!!!! I can live with that...at least we have heat and electricity to run everything else. Thankfully, the B&B downstairs is vacant so I took my little behind down there this a.m. and took a nice, hot shower! PTL!!!! So, I guess our landlord left a message with the "electric people" and we are hoping they are coming sooner rather than later to fix our problem...whatever it might be. I'm just thankful, too, we didn't end up with a fire or something, which is a big worry of mine. I'm now sleeping with a fire extinguisher next to my bed. :) Paranoid...that's ME!

Had a nice PartyLite party on Saturday night. It was fun. We had lots of yummy vittles and polished off some "beverages" and had a good time. PartyLite is candles for those of you that don't know. I wound up earning LOTS of free stuff so I am EXCITED!! I have such nice friends who help support my "habit". LOL!!! Thanks to all of you...you know who you are.

Sunday left me tuckered out after the whole getting ready and having the party so it was uneventful. We went out for dinner since we don't have hot water to do dishes...sounded like a good excuse to ME!! Oceanview was yummy!!

Sigh...that's it for now. Nothing exciting, I know. Sorry!!! No news is good news, tho. Right???

Bye for now~ Nan XOX

No comments: