Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Business As Usual

I awoke this morning to the sun coming up and the full moon going down. It was magnificent. If ONLY I could get a decent picture with my camera! No such luck. It's moments like that that make me LOVE living in Alaska! How can we be so spoiled??? And when I hear stories of tornadoes wiping out neighborhoods...I count my blessings to be "stuck" on this island.

Speaking of being "stuck"...the road is clear now. Not a speck of rock on the highway this morning. I couldn't believe it! No one was even out there looking things over making plans of what to do next. There is a tremendous amount of rock in the "ditch". It is an amazing sight to behold for sure. If I'd had time I would have stopped to take some pics but I was in a hurry (as usual) to get Jake to school on time. Anyway, traffic is aflowin' again, y'all! I am impressed with how quickly they got things moving yesterday...I heard people were getting thru by 12:30ish or so but it was sporadic. Jake and I just stayed home...I didn't want to sit in traffic OR get stuck on the other side in the event things weren't quite "stable". No Thank You Very Much!!! :)

Today it is "Business As Usual". Back at work. The boy is at school. Tony is busy. He and Jake have a LONG weekend. Teacher conferences are Thurs. & Friday so Tony is taking those two days off to be home with Jacob. Monday is a holiday for us so he will essentially get a 6-day weekend. I, on the other hand, will be working after being home yesterday. Oh well...that's the way the cookie crumbles, right?

Well...we just got word that Tony's Grandma passed away last night. She was 101 years old. I met her twice. She was the sweetest lady and I am sad she is gone. It doesn't sound like there is going to be a service so we won't be going anywhere. Anyway, that's the latest with us.

Hope you all are doing well. Have a Happy "Hump Day"! Cheers~ Nan XOX

No comments: