Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Heart Is Full

So, I mentioned in my last post (I think) that I was attending the SEACWR this weekend. Please don't make me spell it out again...refer to previous posts if you've forgotten what that is. :) Anyway, it was a very blessed time. RoseAnne Coleman from TN was our speaker. What's the deal with TN lately?? I'm either meeting someone from there or sending someone to live there. Is God trying to tell me something?? Seriously! I just got used to the idea of being stuck on the island.... At any rate, I have posted RoseAnne's website to the right along with Lysa and Kevin. If any of you have a chance to go see her or attend her Bible Study in Brentwood, TN...DO IT! She is amazing. What a woman...I am humbled. I think (imho) she is one of the best speakers we have had. She had us rolling from the get go...and who doesn't need a good, old-fashioned, belly laugh in the day and age we live in?!? And she sings, too! She even writes her own stuff!! I bought her CD along with a book she had available. I guess that makes me a "groupie" but I don't care. I would follow her anywhere. :) She's DA BOMB! But it was more than just "great speaking" and good laughter...it was a true "kindred spirit" kind of experience and God spoke LOUDLY through her. What a gift she's been given...two gifts, actually. Speaking AND singing. I can't help but be a tiny bit jealous! :)

So, besides that I also bit the bullet and did something I've been wanting to do forever and just kept hesitating for whatever reason. Just a quick note...RoseAnne partnerships with World Vision and there was a table at the retreat. I'm sure you see where this is headed! I could NOT resist any longer sponsoring one of these very needy children. I chose a girl...she's in Ethiopia and she'll be 7 on March 12th. My heart is full. I can't wait to get letters and info on her to hear how she's doing. I feel like I have a daughter!!! PTL!!! Maybe this is why I only had 1 child. There are SO many kids out there that need help. But I won't get on my soapbox here...I'll spare you for now. :)

After the retreat, I drove out to see how Margie is doing. I took them a Chicken-Pot-Pie so they don't have to worry about dinner for at least 2 nights. She's still waiting for the stone to pass but she's doing better pain-wise. Keep praying for her!

Tomorrow will be a full day so I'd better get off of here and do some dishes. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Love and Hugs~ Nan

No comments: