Sunday, February 8, 2009

Inspiration

Nothing inspires me more than a sunny day and someone telling me they enjoy reading my blog. Well, today I got both! Let me give a big shout out to Rick Thynes for his nice compliment about my blog this morning (Love Ya, Man!!). It gives me great joy to think someone is out there reading my stuff and getting a good chuckle out of it. On top of that...It is another day in paradise today. The wind and rain from yesterday has moved on and we are being blessed with sunshine and calm waters. It is magnificent! It's still a bit nippy...I'm so jealous of those in other places getting 60 degrees already but I will take what I can get.

Anyway, life is good and it's quiet around here. Just the way we like it. Jake is over at a friend's and Tony is programming the new remote control. I have a big pot of soup on the stove for later. Most of you know that I really love to cook but since I started dieting I try to avoid it as much as possible. I haven't quite learned how to cook lowfat despite having TWO lowfat cook books. Perhaps it's time to take the plunge. However, my soup today is going to be my "usual" type of soup. Lots of butter and some cream. :) It doesn't get any better than that!!!

OH! I almsot forgot what I really wanted to post about...Mercy!! So, I got home on Friday from work and I always check my emails first thing before getting busy doing other things. I got the most WONDERFUL email from my sister-in-law, Katie. She is the one that is in Ohio with my brother...the mother of my new niece, Abbie. Anyway, Chris and Katie were just on the west coast recently so that Katie could do some job hunting. Currently she is doing a 3 year fellowship in Ohio (she's a doctor) but her time is almost up so she's looking for a job. Anywhoooo....she announced that she is taking a job in PORTLAND and they will be moving out in August. This news almost brings me to tears y'all. I love my brother and adore Katie and of course...y'all already know how I feel about that baby!!! I have not seen Chris and Katie since they moved to Ohio and I miss them terribly. I haven't had much of a chance to get to know my SIL and I've never seen Abbie other than pictures. Not to mention, with my dad moving to Portland last year...this will be the first time my entire family has lived close to each other and I am THRILLED!!!!! I am excited beyond words and I think I may have to start taking more frequent trips "home"...especially with my sister, Becky, having another little angel of her own....I want to see these kiddos!!! Heck...I may have to revisit the idea of "relocating"...LOL!! Yeah...like THAT'S ever going to happen. I think I'll be on this island forever, y'all.

Speaking of which...not just my "wedding" anniversary is upcoming. My "coming to Ketchikan" anniversary is coming as well. It will be 19 years in April. Can you believe it?????? OK...I'd better go check on my soup and my husband. I think I'll go outside for a few, too, and soak up some Vitamin D while I'm at it.

Have a great Sunday!! Love, Nanette XOX

No comments: