Friday, February 27, 2009

So Much For Spring

I think the Crocus are confused. I think they may have gotten a little ahead of themselves and are now wishing they could bury their pretty, little buds right back into the frozen ground! I certainly wouldn't blame them. It was lightly snowing (as expected) when I left the house this morning. Oh Yay. It is really windy and cold today with an overcast sky. I wonder if and when we'll see the sun again. We've gotten really spoiled the last two weeks with sunshine...no rain really to speak of. Ho-Hum. In a rain forest...we kind of come to depend on the rain so I shouldn't complain. I guess the electric company is going to have to turn the "diesels" on b/c of the lack of the "liquid sunshine"...whatever that means.

Anyway, it's Friday. Sigh! This has been a somewhat crazy week...or at least it feels that way for some reason and I'm tired today. I am glad the weekend is almost here. Tonight is the beginning of the SEACWR (Southeast Alaska Christian Women's Retreat) up at Holy Name. My friend, Misty, is meeting me there. I am excited to hear what the speaker (and God!) has to say...it's always a good time. It's fun to see ladies from other churches that you don't normally get a chance to visit with. So, that will be tonight and most of Saturday. I may leave a little early, tho, depending on how it's going. I have a friend laid up with a kidney stone...I want to take her and the hubs a chicken-pot-pie so they have one less meal to worry about. Pray for Margie and that the stone will pass quickly! I think she's pretty miserable right now. Thanks!

That's all I got for now! Have a great weekend, Y'all!! More later....Much Love, Nan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so impressed that you sometimes blog multiple times a day. James and I seem to barely be able to blog once a week. You're a superstar blogger!!

- Carolyn

Nanette said...

Well...it just depends on what's going on. Plus, I have many pictures I want to post and I'm playing "catch up". I'm probably a blogger "freak" more than a superstar...but I'll take the compliment! Have a good weekend with the hubs. :) Nan

Enger Adventures said...

Have a good time at the retreat. I remember them being a good time of refreshing & fellowship.

Blessings to you!